SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Yep, I'm Back..with a delema!

cindeea
14 years ago

Well, here I am...it must be fall!! I vow to be more patien witht he s-l-o-w moving forum...meaning the mechanics of opening, posting, uploading etc NOT THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!!

Anyway, I am back to my Amaryllis, repotting for the season and getting in the mood for new buds, blooms and Forum pals as well as my old buddies who I always miss over the summer months.

Anyway, while in the process of cleaning up and repotting my bulbs for a new season, I ran across a real delema.

Last summer, I got a joint order of bulbs that had 2 without many roots. Some of you have seen my rooting technique, perching bulbs on top of moist perlite in an inverted bottle top. Well, I also use some of Xuan's little seedling cups filled with perlite and then set in moise soil for a couple of them...the technique worked so great....well, this is what I got....

{{gwi:433364}}From 2009-10 Amaryllis

Beautiful roots, eh?? But how do I release them? I already broke off one long root. I am guessing the only way is to maybe gently tap the ceramic and crack/break it without breaking more roots...any other suggestions? I would plant it, ceramics and all if I didn't think rot could build up in the cup...SIGH* * * Help me with this "hole" mess!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions