SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof5angels

BM has to outdo me...frustrating

momof5angels
15 years ago

This has been pretty constant for the last year or so. BM has to constantly outdo me...If I buy SD a binder for school (but SD wanted a different binder that cost 3 times the price of the one I got her) BM will buy that $20 binder on the next visit.

Just in the last 2 months, (in addition to the school binder) here are some examples of this...SD needed some jeans. I bought her 3 pairs of size 0 jeans for school. SD wanted 00 but we felt they were too small on her. SD visits the next weekend and returns with size 00 jeans bought by BM. A week and a half ago, SD needed new athletic shoes for gymnastics. I bought her a pair of shoes that cost $30. SD wanted a $120 pair of Nike's...We couldn't afford that. The skids were at their BM's this week for fall break. Guess what SD comes back with? Yep. A $120 pair of Nike's.

Thing is, BM doesn't buy them things they "need" when they actually need them...She buys them the better brand or style of what *I* have bought them. If I buy SS a hoodie from Wal-mart, she will buy him a hoodie from Old Navy the next weekend.

This all started last Christmas. BM and I were having a civil conversation in late November about what we were getting the kids for Christmas. I told her, excitedly that I was getting SS9 a gamecube and some games. SS11 was getting a trampoline. SD was getting some clothes. (among other things but these were there BIG things.) She had the kids for Christmas last year, so we were waiting to celebrate Christmas on their return. Guess what BM got them? They called on Christmas morning all excited about their gamecube, trampoline and clothes...She bought them word for word, item by item what I had told her I was getting them.

This is frustrating...I almost want to call BM and say "Hey, SD needs some underwear...just want to check and see if you want to buy her some underwear from Gap before I go to Walmart and waste our money..."

This is all from a woman who swears she doesn't have enough money to travel both ways to pick up and drop off the kids, leaving us to take on the burden of half of the travel. And with gas prices where they are---it takes about half of the $250 a month in child support that she pays.

I absolutely will NOT spend 120.00 on shoes...I'm not in competition here. But it is frustrating beyond belief that the $30 I spent on tennis shoes less than 2 weeks ago are not worth a dime now because BM had to "outdo" me and buy something better...What is her problem????

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths