SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

What's in bloom on 9-10-08 (heavy on the pics)

highalttransplant
15 years ago

I haven't posted much on this forum lately, but we finally had an overcast day, and I was able to get a few pictures.

First off, the wintersown 'Profusion Apricot' Zinnias

{{gwi:434165}}

What is up with the bloom color? The first picture is an early bloom.

{{gwi:416181}}

Now a recent closeup. Notice the dark pink streaks?

{{gwi:434155}}

Wintersown Portulaca 'Mango'

{{gwi:434168}}

Dianthus 'Ideal Select Red'. This one was wintersown from seeds harvested from plants purchased last year, and it's a hybrid, so I wasn't sure if it would bloom true to color, but it is identical to the other plants... yippee!

{{gwi:414756}}

Salvia 'Lady in Red'. Good thing I took this picture when I did. We had a storm blow through last night, and the stems were broken off at the base. The break almost looked too clean though, so it could have been cutworm damage.

{{gwi:434169}}

Herb bed, most of which was wintersown

{{gwi:434170}}

Agastache 'Apache Sunset' (not wintersown) with a hummingbird. I don't know how some of you get such clear pictures of hummers. They move so fast, all of my photos end up blurry.

{{gwi:434171}}

Solidago 'Fireworks' with Coreopsis 'Sunburst' and a bumble bee who appeared drowsy or drunk

{{gwi:434172}}

Gaillardia 'Oranges & Lemons'. Okay, not wintersown, but it's one of my favorites, and I have a question about it. I saw what looked like a regular honeybee take a big chunk out of a petal and fly away. What are they doing that for? Almost all of my flowers have big chunks of petals missing!

{{gwi:431874}}

... and finally, an updated photo of the veggie patch, and a closeup of Sungold tomatoes (wintersown)

{{gwi:434173}}

{{gwi:434174}}

Thanks for letting me share!

Bonnie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz