SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nigella_gw

Please help, little black spots and lots of 'trash' on Ananas

Nigella
19 years ago

My poor variegated pineapple has what is probably scale, little black dots that I can scrape off, and a lot of litter(dead leaves, spider webs, etc.). I know that denatured alcohol on a q-tip is supposed to be the corrct treatment for scale, but it would take many, many hours to do that with this big old thing and I'm pretty sure I'd get painfully stuck a bunch of times, too. Has anyone here got any suggestions about how I can treat this? I hate to resort to chemicals(I never use them so I'd have to go buy them for starters, it hurts my feelings to spend money on chemicals! I'd rather spend it on new plants) but I may have to. Just to give you an idea of how ignorant I am about scale, I don't even know where to buy denatured alcohol.

I would also like to clean out the trashy looking litter, it's such a beautiful plant, but I can't get my fingers in there without gloves, and you know what a nuisance gloves are to work in these tight spaces. If anyone has any input I would very much appreciate it!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions