SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardner_want_to_be

Newbie -- still learning (pics)

gardner-want-to-be
16 years ago

HELP!!! I posted my original message under exchanges for some reason. After you read this, or before, change to the exchanges page, and you can see my pictures. I guess I just had a SENIOR MOMENT -- sorry!

Haven't been on the forum for the past month. My son and his family came from Okinawa and spent the month of July with me. He helped me so much--trimming trees, new roof and my barn storage building, planting large shrubs and trees that I hadn't been able to do--it was wonderful. And, of course, I had a wonderful time with my two grandkids, Emily - 14, and Bradley - 12.

I was origionally disappointed in some of my WS flowers because they are mostly green leaves growing--(I planted too many perennial and not enough annuals, but I will correct that next year and can't wait to see all my perennials in bloom.)

Here are a few pictures of my new beds, they look beautiful to me, even if there is not enough color yet.

This is one of my favorite flowers, I will plant many, many more next year. I also gave two of my friends lots for their yards...impatients do wonderful here and bloom so long--until the first frost!!! Next year I am going to try the balsum variety. Got to find some seeds to order.

I also love my hosta bed--I ordered these at the end of last year's growing season, and all but one came back up.

And last, but not least are these two plants called Cat's Whiskers which I got when I went to a native plant class last year. I love them, and so do the butterfly's and humming birds.

I enjoy this forum so much, I can't wait until it cools off so I can work in my yard again. I have so much weeding, etc. that I need to do. I sure have enjoyed everybody's pictures--keep them coming!!! Also hope I have not taken up too much space and your time.

Jeane

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County