SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Carefree, Arizona cactus and succulent garden

grant_in_arizona
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been reading about the new public planting/garden for several months in the newspaper, and in Phoenix Home and Garden magazine, and this past weekend it was finally open to the public, so I took a quick stroll through on a rainy Sunday.

I took a bunch of quick-and-dirty pics and posted them in a public folder on my picasaweb account (link at bottom--pics are unlabeled etc). If you're curious, feel free to take a look at them, or at a sampling of pics below.

I really, really liked it. I think the botanical garden could learn a lesson or three as the DBG has gotten way too in to those geometric mass plantings that look very hospital/office building plantings over the last few years (you know, a straight row of Mexican fencepost cacti each with a single golden barrel in front, or an every-other planting of cereus and echinopsis etc). I like these more naturalistic (or at least less symmetric and less geometric) yet dramatic plantings at the Carefree planting. Different strokes for different folks though. :)

I did really like it and hope you'll take a look at the pics or visit it in person. It's right by the big sun dial in the Carefree town center.

Take care and happy gardening!

Grant

{{gwi:424491}}

{{gwi:424492}}

{{gwi:424493}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Public C&S planting, Carefree Arizona USA

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio