SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katushkin

Relocating to Arizona from Florida

katushkin
16 years ago

Hi, fellow gardeners

We are thinking of moving to Arizona from my beloved Florida.

It would be a heart breaking experience for me...I have about 70 tropical and subtropical plants, (trees, shrubs and flowers) in my Florida garden. Most of them are edibles... I've been dreaming of having a tropical edible paradise here and I worked so hard to get where my garden is now.

It is my place of rest and recharge, place where I and my two precious girls find sweet treets all year round and have so much fun. I've planted that garden with them. We watched the plants grow and rejoiced together when our first fruits and berries started to appear. I am sorry I get emotional here , it is hard not to feel a heartache and not to feel lost ...

It is my first house and my first garden and I guess I love them too much...and got attached to them.

My husband is in a process of getting a better, very promising job in Phoenex, AZ...

I am afraid I can not grow most of my plants I have here in there because of the water restrictions and hot summers.Is that really expensive to water gardens in AZ?

Are any of you growing successfuly in Arizona mangos,avocados,oranges,tangerines,indian jujubes,macadimia nuts, papayas,loquats,Strawberry tree(Jamaican Cherries), Surinam cherries,Chaya or Spinach trees,Katuk(vegetable bush),persimmons,muscadine grapes,passion fruit, Black Sapote and white sapote? I can not list all of my plants but at least these are my favorites.

Is that hard to grow plants in Arizona??

I am dreaming of finding someone with a nice edible garden like mine in Arizona who would want to trade my place with theirs. Are any of you, Arizona gardeners, want to move to Sunshine state??? :) It would be so nice to give my beloved garden with all of my dreams and goodies to someone who feels the same way about gardening and beauty and wonderful fruits and vegies year-round.

Thank you for your responses

Katerina

Comments (33)