SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strouper2

Strange / Funny WSing story

strouper2
16 years ago

OK who can beat this one? I was given some Yellow Water Iris in the newbie seed give away, which I WSed in a 1/2 gallon milk jug. They sat there forever before I finally saw some green and removed the top. Well I can't remember if that green was a weed or this plant because I did get a weed or 2 in the jug also. One sprout didn't look like a weed so I let it go but for some reason. I still thought that it was just a weed yet be it a nice weed. Well thinking this thing was a weed I never transplanted it but because it could of been this Water Iris I did keep it good and watered even damp because on the web it says that these Water Irises like it real damp. Finally this week I noticed a bloom and low and behold my plant end up being a Million Bell! Now how could this be? The seeds that I planted were the size of watermelon seeds so I know that they weren't Bells. It did have some Bells next to it at the beginning of the season but would they have had any seeds that early on? Finally the dirt that I used was from a new area I just filled in late last year but as far as I can remember there was never any Million Bells even close to it. So did my Water Iris transform into a Million Bell or what?

Strouper

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida