SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadie2005_gw

disappointed with my garden...please help (pics)

sadie2005
14 years ago

Hi all,

everyone here has such gorgeous garden design and I am flailing! moved to a new (old) house last summer and there were no flowers...beds were full of 80 year old rhododendron roots that I dug out. amended soil with loom/compost which I bought. this is a good reminder for me that I started from nothing since I am not happy with my beds.

anyway, please look at my pics. most of it was WS last year, my first year ever! I have liatris and coneflower that have gone wild on one end, a groundhog that has eaten away another end, plus the never ending rain and cold in new england last month which didn't help anything. I am dying to dig things up and move them around, but know now is not the time. the evening primrose are, in my opinion, too huge and not enough flower power to take up that much room. the mullein must go, don't you think? I do have buddleia at the back of the bed that are about to bloom. I had counted on my sulphur cosmost,profusion zinnias, wave petunias, alyssum, gallairdia to help me along with color this summer since most everything is only on its second year. but with the weather they have all been duds (so far). I know I need to vary height, texture, foliage, etc. but haven't quite gotten it down yet. I am just down and know I need to be patient, a perennial garden does not happen in one year. thanks for listening to me vent!

your photos are all inspiration and hopefully I will have a cohesive bed someday too. I have a photo of one side bed which I am happy with...most of those plants I took from my old house (crazy, I know) but b/c they are mature I was able to place them better. also some of my pretty successes. don't want you to think I am down on WSing! it has been my savior and addition since last year. criticism and advice is welcomed!

photobucket pictures.

Comments (18)

Sponsored