SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raimeiken1

Anyone use any garden hose filters?

9 years ago

I've been getting too much salt burn on a lot of my plants lately and have lost quite a few so far from it. So I decided to try hooking up a garden hose filter. I bought one from Lowe's that's by Arizona mist. It's called a Calcium filter. I've read good reviews from it online so I thought I should test it out with my TDS meter that's hooked up in my Reverse Osmosis water system.

I tested the water coming in to my RO system, which is hooked up really close to the mainline outside coming into the house so my results from that unfiltered water are actually lower than the water that I tested from the other faucets inside and outside the house. (Water has ran through more piping and possibly picking up more particles or sediment that has built up over the years inside the pipes.)

My results are:

Water coming into the RO system before being filtered is 379ppm
Water coming out of the RO system after being filtered is only 18ppm
Water coming out of the faucets inside the house and backyard are over 500+ppm
Water coming out after being "filtered" by this calcium filter through my garden hose is still way over 500+ppm!

{{gwi:414135}}

{{gwi:414136}}

{{gwi:414137}}

In other words, this filter does nothing! I'm going to return this to Lowe's and see what my other options are.

Anyone else have any other filter they're using that are getting any good results?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting