SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dannydaemonic

please help, what's eating my melon vines

DannyDaemonic
17 years ago

I hope someone can help me. Something is eating the leaves clear off my Tigger melon vines and I can't figure out what it is.

{{gwi:413516}}

I thought it was an animal like a rabbit at first since the leaves seemed to go relatively quick, but that now seems unlikely to me. Upon closer inspection all I could find was some aphids on a few of the half eaten leaves. However I've never known aphids to eat the leaves:

{{gwi:413517}}
I didn't see worms of any type so I'm just dealing with the aphids at the moment, but think I'm missing something a more experienced gardener would catch or know to look for. The only thing that comes to mind is that in the past I've had snail and slug problems. I haven't seen any in a while though, and I don't see any shiny trails in the mornings, but perhaps those could be the culprits? Any other thoughts? Suggestions?

Oh, it might not be worth mentioning but my Golden Sweet melon vines which are closest by seem unaffected, so they are probably resistant (or at least less tasty) to whatever it is eating my Tigger melon vines.

Comment (1)