SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aguane

Howdy! I'm a new member...

aguane
18 years ago

...and anxious to learn from all of you and perhaps share a little of what I know. I've been learning from you all for about 3 months. You're a great crowd and I'm enjoying getting to know you.

I love my yard, pool and the struggles and rewards in my garden.

At this time, my challenge is a clean succulent, purple flax, entry way (1/2 NO sun and the other 1/2 afternoon sun --impossible) and its giving me fits. The goal to redesign, replant was to get rid of the general rock ground cover and shrubs and plant many, various and interesting succulents, flax...some have survived (the hunger of the bunnies). The downpour during a rain is wreaking havoc on the soil and plants. Roof gutters don't seem to be effective. I've put several mirrors out to ward off the bunnies... no luck so far. And... now I see the value of the rock ground cover -- erosion. I'm hoping a dense planting of the succulents will prevail.

I hope to attend the Oct 1 gathering to meet you all! We will make it through this 'skeeter' ridden season and look forward to a generous and bountiful Fall. By the way... I found that the cement platform my airconditioner compressors sit on is a damp, possible breeding ground for larve....

Best to you all,

Susie D.

Comments (8)