SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xill

fast non-invasive evergreen vine

xill
12 years ago

hello all. there's a spot of my fence i'd like to adorn with vines of some sort. based on my landscaping plan, there isnt really enough room to plant large shrubs here, but i do still want privacy between me and my neighbors. they're nice people, i just enjoy my privacy. basically i need something tall enough to climb a 6ft fence, but flat enough to not take up too much yard in that area. problem is most of the vines i've researched for this climate sound horribly invasive. a morning glory/moonflower mix are my favorite but sound the scariest. also looked at passion vine, snail vine, pink trumpet. clematis is a definate no. this would be a full sun spot and because its for privacy, i need an evergreen. topping the fence in one season isnt necessary, but it cant be a heavy plant like lady banks since its a shared cedar fence and i dont want to break it. for tellis i'd probaby be looking at attaching wire through eyelets across the face of the fence itself. anybody have any suggestions? thanks

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!