SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merryheart_gw

Low growing, non invasive, non vining ground cover

merryheart
16 years ago

Hi everyone!

Well it is almost time to think of gardening again. Of course I know that some of you think of it all the time....lol.

I need a good low growing, low maintainance, non vining ground cover to plant under a circle of red tipped photinias in my back yard. The spot is mostly shady but in summer can get late afternoon to evening sun in spots.

I know I do not want vinca, English Ivy, or other hard to maintain types.

I do love Pachysandra but is a bit slow and I need something a little faster to fill in the area.

No monkey grass please.

It would be great if it were evergreen but not a must.

I have tried hostas in the spot and they got a little too much sun and didn't do well because I had them on the outer edges of the circle.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. But my bare spot gets a little larger each year it seems so would be nice to find something.

If I can't find the right plants I may just have to resort to putting in landscape rock or something.

I need to mention that I need something with smallish roots....this space is around my electric posts due to us having a double lot the utility posts are in my backyard. So will have to be very careful digging and can't dig more than a couple of inches.

A Challenge huh?

Any ideas anyone?

BTW Hello Dawn! How are you and the tomatoes doing?

G.M.

Comments (12)