SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawnnewbee

Bamboo in a Retaining Wall

lawnnewbee
14 years ago

I was wondering if any of you bamboo experts can help me out. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and I want to add some bamboo to my new landsaping plan.

The location that it will be will be on the side of my house (north side) within a 2-foot high stone barrier wall. The retaining wall runs around to the front of my house (west side) which goes to my front door. At the corner of the house (within the wall), I have planted a crabapple and that is all the vegetation currently there. I was interested in putting 2 maybe 3 areas of bamboo along the north side which is about 28 feet from the end of the wall to the crab tree. The wall is 4 feet off the house foundation.

My question are as follows:

Is the wall high enough to prohibit the bamboo from running through/under the wall into my lawn?

How close to the tree can I plant the bamboo?

What kind of bamboo should I plant if I want it to be 10 approx. 10 feet high at maturity yet be very unique? Clump, Running with barrier between the tree and bamboo.

I'm completely confused, and maybe bamboo isn't the best for my situation, but I love its look and really want to incorporate it into my new landscaping. I hope I didn't leave out any pertinent information.

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus