SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rogunit

Mite Explosion?

rogunit
14 years ago

Grabbed a new 5 gallon water bottle for our cooler today and noticed some dots on the lid... that were moving! The water bottle is next to the front door. I looked down at the door, which has a tiny crack at the bottom, and it looks like they are coming in through that. Opened the door and they are all over the outside too. Checked my wife's plants and they are all over them too. From what I've seen, I think they are spider mites. We've never had a problem with pests before except for the occasional fungus gnat or two in her pots. Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm hoping it's just that the climate is just right and they are exploding in population. They seem to be all through the house. I've even found them in our dog's water dish. They seem to be going for moist areas. Do I need to get the house sprayed? Haven't used an exterminator in years. We have a healthy population of lizards and geckos and spiders (small ones), so I'd rather not use toxins for pest control. These are too danged small for them to even bother with though. I'm under attack! LOL (kinda) Any thoughts?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional