SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qcmomto3

Privacy for open view fence & block wall

QCmomTo3
12 years ago

Hello,

I apologize up front as I know similar questions have been asked many times. I've searched the site and read many, but find myself overwhelmed and confused by the information. I will post my situation with as much information as possible and *greatly* appreciate any help!

We live on the Gilbert/Queen Creek border. Our backyard is very small (15 ft by 43 ft) and our home is located on a corner. Due to this we have open view fencing (with block below) down one side which is open to the street and an opening of it to our neighbor's backyard. There are 1 ft apart horizontal metal bars that run along the opening.

Our first priority is to plant something along the south wall that will grow to cover that opening to the neighbor's yard. Oddly, we don't mind the opening to the street. The walls are 6 ft high but the opening is 2.5 ft high and 10 ft long. Second priority is the same or another plant to put in down the remainder of the 43 ft long wall to break up the plain brick look.

There is only 3 ft from the wall to paver patio & grass all the way down. Is there anything available that can even thrive in a 3 ft space? In case it makes a difference, we do have small children and dogs. Again, all help is appreciated!

-Michelle

{{gwi:401376}}

Comments (13)