SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green_max

Help improve landscape view, and block neighbor's view

green_max
5 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for options to improve the feel of our backyard and increase the privacy. I am pasting a lot plan, with photos of the backyard and sideyard. The problem is that we have neighbor's homes butting up against our fence and we want to block out the view of their walls or buildings as much as possible.

There are two portions in which we want to improve the view. The existing backyard looks like this.

One of the options we have is to add 8" high fences with espaliered trees like in the link below. We can have a grill/water feature etc in front of the fence as well.

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-design-yard-for-privacy-2736641

I was wondering if folks here have ideas on how this can be achieved, or if there are other/better suggestions to improve the look of the back fence and cut out the view of the house.

The second portion that needs help is the pool on the side and the house behind it. We want to plant trees/landscaping to improve the view behind the pool and block the neighbor's view from the 2nd floor.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this project. This is the first time I am dealing with landscape improvements, and any help will be appreciated.

Comments (4)