SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgebczynski

Greetings, willing to make some new friends in the area

rgebczynski
11 years ago

Hello there,
By a total accident I stumbled across this forum and was dazzled with all the topics and pictures. I'm quite new to growing hippeastrum, since it's the beginning of my first year, although I had loved these flowers since I was a child. And now I'm so obsessed I can't spend a day without giving them at least half an hour of my time and doing research online, and checking the bulbs for their health and progress.

It might be silly to say but I already have a small collection on my window. First is was hippeastrum Picotee bought on a market day just after Christmas, poor thing was there in the cold since early hours. It took a bit of time for it to show any signs of growth but right now it's beautiful emerald foliage catches attention, and two flower steams growing when I'm not looking! Also there are hippeastrum Minerva, which already has a nice big flower steam coming out. Hippeastrum Nanago, Rilona, Temptation, Flamenco Queen, Matternhorn, and Apple blossom. All of these come from our Uk seller Gardens4you which I love! The only exception is Apple blossom which came from RoyalColours and I'm a bit disappointed as the bulbs were small, dried up. Not showing any signs of life after two weeks. Gardens4you surprised me greatly as many bulbs although described as 26/28 came as lovely big 33! Now that's something I'd like to happen all the time. I'd love to make some great acquaintances here, with people with more knowledge and experience, and also just to talk and have fun while carrying for those beautiful plants.

Robert

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions