SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cthrnpage

new garden, new gardener

cthrnpage
11 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm really glad to have found this forum. I have dabbled in gardening from time to time over the years and managed to grow cherry tomatoes, a ragged pepper plant and not much else. It hasn't stopped me from trying though. This year I finally got serious. I want to grow Anaheim peppers, jalapenos, serranos and vegetables. I haven't decided on which vegetables yet.

I have three pots I painted white that are about four feet across and open bottomed that will sit on the ground. I was planning on putting them on the east side of the house and using porch poles as vining support for things like peas and beans. I could put them on the west side but am t hink IMO ng morning to noon sun is better than noon to sunset sun. I hope so because I prefer sitting on that side of the house. :)

I have lots of neighbors producing lots of manure they would love to be rid of and a corral out back full of it that's been sitting for at least a year with no fresh added. I am considering using compost tea as fertilizer.

Most of my knowledge is from books and magazines which are no substitute for experience. I would enjoy any advice and discussion and want to post as I go on this forum. I don't know any gardeners here and could definately use advice.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction