Bluestone Perennials half price sale is on

moon458
14 years ago

As if you need more plants.....

Donna Mae

Comments (57)

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I deleted things from the cart if I could easily buy or trade for the seeds. That left quite a few things though...

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip.... now, can you send a check for 111.97 to

Lisa Ispenttomuch
    70 Ididntneedit Drive
    waytomanyflowers,MA.01876

• Related Discussions

Bluestone Perennials sale

Q

Comments (4)
    I do have order coming from them in May. I tried getting plants local last year. Couldn't find what I wanted . One place had only 1 plant and I wanted 6. Even with shipping was cheaper.Plants extra nice. Bloomed in about 6 weeks.
    ...See More

bluestone perennials sale-must enable!

Q

Comments (10)
    I went locally shopping (well 1 hour drive each way to greenhouses in Sanford, NC) and got anemones (3 colors), chelone, agastache (a new yellow), gaillardia (2 colors), red lantana and annuals for containers and bedding plants, several garden phlox and a few herbs. I had already gone to another local greenhouse where I got annuals (ageratum, fuschia, begonia, impatiens, Persian Shield). Planted a lot of containers today! So, I need to control myself and not look at Bluestone! :-) Cameron
    ...See More

Bluestone Perennials sale - I must enable!

Q

Comments (1)
    Yes, you are an enabler :)
    ...See More

Bluestone Perennials, Inc. Sale

Q

Comments (3)
    I'm so glad it worked out for you! I've found that the plants I get from Bluestone transplant and grow well, and I've gotten some plants there that I can't find elsewhere. The only thing that bugs me is the stupid packing peanuts - they are the only mail-order nursery I order from with non-recyclable packing material. (I know I can mail them back, but what hassle . . .) Scoring plants you want at a bargain price is always a delight. Last fall I got a big pot of one of the Evison/Poulson clematis for 5 bucks at local nursery, just because it was looking ratty. It bloomed all summer this year. Also got two of the ferny looking Amsonia hubrichtii and a good sized Baptisia, for just a few dollars each. Reminds me to go see what's there again this year.
    ...See More
  • fgirl21
    14 years ago

Not nice ishareflowers!!
    Now my silly 'puter has coffee all over the keyboard and my nose hurts from the expulsion of the same!

At first I wondered - is she NUTS posting her address here?

And then I read it - - ROFL

• northforker
    14 years ago

And while your writing checks, please also send one for $110.55 to:

Nancy Diditagain
    1 Noroomnow Place
    Plantmanic, NY 11758

• token28001
    14 years ago

Nan, I'm waiting for valueseeds' fall sale. I don't exactly NEED anything, but if something catches my eye, I'll buy it or trade for it.

Got any confederate rose seeds? I could make it worth your while.... ;)

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

aw, gee, someone didn't post a LINK!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluestone Perennials Link

• ktinmd
    14 years ago

Astilbes and more brunnera Jack Frost. I was going to try taking root cuttings of my lone brunnera next spring, but that's months away :)

• mommyto2
    14 years ago

I came over here last night when I noticed the email in my computer but I was already too late :0) It's so nice to be an enabler!!!

I'm proud to say that I only spent 50 dollars. I got a clematis rebecca, phlox david's lavender and starfire, salvia plumosa, helenium red/gold and agastache raspberry summer. I wanted some buddleias and hydrangeas but the ones I wanted I couldn't find on their website. They must have sold out.

But that's alright because there's a nursery 30 min from my house that has 6 glorious greenhouses FULL of pretty plants (and brand new varieties, not just oldies) for 4 dollars each! and their end of year sale they have their tropicals (2 gal. alocasias, colocasias, hibiscus, bananas etc, etc, etc...) for 1 each! So I'm saving some of my 'allowence' for that sale :0)

Anyway, I guess I'll go do some cleaning now. See you guys later!!

Monica

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

Thanks SO much for the post -

Placed my first order with them and am PUMPED for the varieties I ordered!! If they produce seeds, I can maybe trade for the ones I had to remove from the cart!! Kept the order under $50...DH will be happy...

Thanks again -

Deb

• karendee
    14 years ago

Oh wow, the temptation... I am trying hard to resist...

I did like one plant I really and wanting to get.

CAMPANULA garganica Dickson's Gold/ Canterbury Bells, Cup & Saucer

They were so neat and low growing like I have been wanting....

it is so hard!!!

I need a check so I can get it!!

Karen CantResist
    123 Hubbywillkillher
    gottahideplants, IL 60560

Here is a link that might be useful: CAMPANULA garganica Dickson's Gold : Bellflower, Goldleaf adriatic bellflower, CAMPANULA, Canterbury Bells, Cup & Saucer

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

I was up to $175, then hacked it back to $120...some of it is my mother's. Someone mentioned a reimbursement program?

Please send $136.47 to:

Whopostedthatdamnedlink
    c/o Wuzzntgonnagotherebutdid
    4 Buthoneytheyregonnadieifidontgivethemahome Drive
    ItllneverflyImsodeadwhenthatboxarrives, NH 03884

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

stagerat, you can come to my house and take all you want...I'm about ready to take a torch to it all!

• terrene
    14 years ago

LOL at this thread and the goofy addresses!

Please everyone feel sorry for me because I simply CAN NOT order any plants from the Bluestone sale this year. Tendonitis in both wrists has me on the sidelines this gardening season. It is very depressing. I can barely deal with the existing gardens, and am worried that some of the WS seedlings will have to be dumped. Yes, even planting or potting little seedlings is a challenge!

Course I'm tempted and would have placed an order last night in a heartbeat...but I've already overdone it in the garden several times and set myself back to recovery.

• rosebush
    14 years ago

I have NO will power!!! Sheesh! Those prices are really good. . .
    Can we say "ENABLER" ?!!!

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Okay, I saved a cart over there, but I am not ... I repeat I am not actually going to place the order, LOL! But, but, they have some herbs that can't be grown from seed, and a couple of things that I wintersowed, but killed after planting them out. I'm going to look at the couple local, family run garden centers here before the sale runs out, and if they don't have those same plants for what it would cost me there, than I can't be held responsible for my actions.

Bonnie B. Broke
    9876 Whatboxofplants on the doorstep
    Noidonothaveanaddiction, USA $$$$$

• kayjones
    14 years ago

Wow, I just ordered some plants - the postage was MOST reasonable - the cheapest I have ever seen - thanks, people!

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

Bonnie -

TOO funny!! Sometimes the "Brown Truck Guy" (as my son calls him) arrives after DH and I have to play stupid...and say I have NO idea what is being delivered...

The postman ALWAYS comes early in the day. Do you think they ship USPS?? LOL.

Actually, this am DH called while I was on Bluestone's website, so he's been well informed...(that's the only reason my order was limited - a bit of guilt - but they now have my email address...tee hee...in case they do this again this fall)

Deb

• drippy
    14 years ago

I ordered anemone "Whirlwind", brunnera "Jack Frost", "Raspberry Pixie" and "Siloam Showgirl" daylilies, veronica fruticans, and viola "Etain". Less than half of what I started with.

Since I just moved, what's one more address?

Kim Newgardenfever
    8 Ramennoodlesforamonthtopayforthis Boulevard
    Needavantotransportthem, USA

• PVick
    14 years ago

You guys are truly hilarious!

Meanwhile, I keep looking .... (did lose a few things this winter, after all, and should probably try to replace them, right? NOT!)

PV

• MissMyGardens
    14 years ago

I already have more seedlings and Fall sale perennials then I have room for unless I want to go through the agony of digging new beds in clay and not enough sunlight.

However, I did go to their website and used the custom plant search to see if they had any "spring (early, regular & late) blooming perennials that attract butterflies and are deer/rabbit resistant."

Luckily for me they didn't have much I could use (that I already don't have) with those search criteria.

Lots of things I'd "like to have" but got enough things critters will just eat and break my heart. It's like a sickness, though, that I still had to look!

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

My list is pretty big and I still have a ways to go - after I have looked at everything I will 'try' and cut it down some - I love this sale. Next will be the TM 1/2price seed sale and of course Value Seed which is the left left overs of TM......

Lynne

• shasta_2008
    14 years ago

Bluestone is awesome, I went there a couple of weeks ago. On 6/11 they have a big sale- one flat is 30.00, you can stack your flat with as much as it will hold. I can't wait.

• stlgirl
    14 years ago

I never heard of Bluestone before joining garden web - you guys are awesome. . . I think? I bought some things that tend not to be readily available in seed form and I just couldn't pass up the 'Sum & Substance' hosta. Those things get huge, they can spread up to 60". Plus they are suppose to be slug resistant.

-StLGirl

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

Placed my order with excitement at the beginning of the sale.

I received an email a few days ago stating that my order would ship the week of June 1st.

I just received another stating that it DID ship today - today is Friday!!! And it's not the week of June 1st. June 1st is MONDAY.

UPS ground...

Although I do not run a mail order plant business, the timing seems idiotic to me.

I hope the computer sent an early message in anticipation for a Monday shipment....

I am still excited for my order, although maybe a bit less now.

• retiredprof
    14 years ago

Got my order an hour ago! Yeah! Perfect timing for the weekend. Got me:

Campanula Dwarf Pink
    Delph Blue Butterfly
    Dianthis Siberian Blues
    Gaillardia Bijou
    Salvia Rose Queen
    Scabiosa Blue Diamond
    Heuchera Lime Rickey

As usual with Bluestone, everything arrived in perfect condition.

• not_a_contessa
    14 years ago

I got my plants today, Bluestone never disappoints me. Their packing is great, the plants are fresh, and I can't wait for my daylily Christmas Carol to bloom, it's gorgeous. They sent a really nice sized fan, it should bloom this year.

Mary

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Well, phooey! I went by one of the local garden centers today, and they didn't have any of the items I was going to order, so when I pulled up my saved cart, and went to check out, most of the items in my cart were sold out. Guess I should have placed the order last week!

I'll know better next time!

Bonnie

• northforker
    14 years ago

OK, fess up. Who else put a sticky note on their computer with the date that Shasta shared????? (smile)

My plants from the memorial day sale arrived yesterday and they are just so healthy looking. Really love the varigated jacobs ladder and the Brun. Frost.

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Two days ago I loved UPS, because a different item arrived so fast and I could track it online. Now I hate UPS, because my Bluestone order has not had a tracking update since 4am yesterday. It says "THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY." Oh, that's so helpful.

Austin, both the P.O. and UPS work and ship all weekend.

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

got notice that mine were shipped today - I will be doing the 'happy dance' on Monday or Tuesday .....

Lynne

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

I have my fingers crossed...Has anyone else noticed that UPS and Fed Ex recently add an extra day to scheduled delivery times?

I've had plants arrive a day early twice this spring. Not complaining, but what if it's hot out and people don't prepare??

I am more confident in Bluestone's skills since others are raving about their received orders:))

• dr_deb
    14 years ago

I've had great luck with Bluestone. When I got my *last* order from them, the UPS guy eyeballed my front flowerbeds and said "You bought MORE plants??"

I just smiled and told him it's a compulsion.

I'm trying to decide if I really need to click on that link. The answer is yes, of course, but I'm trying to resist.

Deb

• lblack61
    14 years ago

I might look, just to get ideas for next year. This year is a WSing gala for me, so the only plants I'm even thinking of buying is two 6-packs of Impatiens and maybe some Calibrochia to fill in a hanging basket or two. Other than that, I am STUFFED!
    That French Tarragon is an idea, though (although I don't think I want to plant it in my yard...The one I WSed from seed was quite the bully (but nice for flower arrangements).

Linda

• lblack61
    14 years ago

Oh dear.
    Saw the flowering shrubs and also the creeping phlox (the latter of which, for some reason, is VERY expensive around my neck of the woods).
    My MIL loves creeping phlox (although she doesn't know that's what it is, she sees it in other people's yard and likes it). I'm going to have to get it for her. Along with a few things for me....

Linda

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Oh, boy. I just placed another order...after holding off for 3 years....I think.
    I have been lusting after Hosta 'Regal Splendor' for so many years. So I ordered 6......:-(
    I have just one spot in the backyard for it. lol It'll take years before it will show its splendor. :-D

• dr_deb
    14 years ago

$72.99 including shipping. Could have been a lot worse, but I tried hard to restrain myself.

Deb

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I finally got my order! It somehow took a week to get from Ohio to Indiana.

The plants: some look fine. Some look pretty bad. As in, if I saw them at a nursery, I probably wouldn't buy them even at that price. I'm pretty sure they'll recover, though.

One 3-pack had a dead plant in the center, so I'll have to test Bluestone's customer service in order to get a replacement.

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Oh, boy. Stage_rat, sorry to hear that. The customer service there is normally an absolute gem, though.

Mine are arriving tomorrow. I have never ordered anything this late before. Will see in which shape they'll be. I ordered 6 Hosta 'Regal Splendor', 1 Hydrangea grandiflora and 1 Ilex verticillata 'Red Sprite'. They ran out of Jim Dandy, the polinator for Red Sprite and the yellow Hydrangea quercifolia that I wanted.
    Keeping my fingers crossed now.

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

My order arrived today...The UPS man said he left MORE flowers on my front porch!! I don't need THAT tone until no dirt is visible under the beauty.

Like stage_rat, some of the plants look bad, (some look good) but I too think they'll recover. Some of the leaves were totally rotten and black/slimy - like old wet lettuce.

I will order from them again, probably during the sales, but will pay for more expedited shipping. The plants were packaged for at least 6 days - maybe 2 less would have been better for the plants - AND they sat somewhere UPS related over the weekend. I'll also specify a Monday ship day, if that's possible. I still think a Friday ship day is idiotic...

All in all, I am happy with my purchase and will stop whining about a Friday ship day when they all bloom ;)

• dr_deb
    14 years ago

Huh. My email just said "shipping the week of June 1." I hope that doesn't mean mine will sit in a warehouse over the weekend too.

Stage_rat and Austinhanasmom, you'll have to post beautiful pictures later when they are in bloom.

Deb

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

Mine arrived on Tuesday and were in great shape - I have always been pleased by the size of the plants. Got several different dianthus and plan on putting them out today before we get a soaking (I hope) rain for the next 2 days .....

Lynne

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

Forgot to mention - the root development on all of my plants = amazing!!

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

My plants arrived today. In superb shape as usual. Love Bluestone. Used to order a few hundred $ worth of plants every year. Now that my garden is so stuffed I have not ordered any for a few years.

The hosta came with two or three shoots in a pot. So I end up with 16 Hosta for $20.00. I planted them all in one clump. It will be interesting to watch them grow to a magnificent size.

Good luck, everyone.
    :-)

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Their customer service was excellent. They will send replacements of the one definitely dead plant, and the one mostly dead plant. One of them will ship in fall, as they are sold out. They offered to send a replacement 3-pack of the very sad-looking veronica, but I said we should wait, in case they pull through.

I have all of my plants potted up now and getting babied.

• drippy
    14 years ago

My plants arrived in great condition - a few outer dead leaves; nothing that couldn't be picked off. Both of the daylilies which were "quantity 1", appear to be big enough that I could divide them. I have repotted most to bigger pots, as they must live in a pot ghetto until I move to a permanent place - which could be awhile!

Hoping brunnera "Jack Frost" pulls through the inevitable coming southern heat - I have him in a shaded location.

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Most of the half-price plants are gone...:-(
    Bluestone

I shoulda ordered Hosta Sagae too.......boohooo

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

Mine arrived in about the same condition as stage_rat's. I don't remember last year if they were in such tough shape. I'm not concerned; a yarrow will come back from the dead even if it were COMPLETELY dead. The dianthus was pretty tired; hostas were totally fine (Beam me up, Scotty- I got Captain Kirk and Frances Williams); the shastas were fine...the Campanula was also tired, but it'll live, I'm sure.
    Joe Pye! I forgot about that one; I ordered the short one; the name escapes me at the moment. Oh, and some heuchera- those were mostly fine, but still tired.

I wonder if ordering earlier in the season...are the plants looking better? I've never ordered from them outside the sale. I'm thinking I'll order earlier next year.

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

I rarely received bad plants from Bluestone. :-)
    And I have ordered hundreds over the years.
    If something is amiss, it's replaced without any problem.

I like the early spring shipment best. Their spring shipment is usually filled with very small plants. It gets too cold too fast here for planting those babies in fall.

• shasta_2008
    14 years ago

Last summer when the clematis were half price I ordered two, well the one that bloomed this year wasn't the one I ordered so I called C service and they're sending me out a replacement this fall, no questions asked. Great place to buy from, excellent service. Five star in my book!

• lblack61
    14 years ago

My order arrived on Saturday, and everything looked as if I had just picked it off the shelf! Great condition...although I'm a little disappointed that they didn't send the Artemesia "Silver Mound". I'll have to call them and see if they are waiting to ship it in the Fall (which would be weird, but, I'll accept that since the price was cheaper than I could get anywhere in my area)

Linda

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!