SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zahzeen

Bluestone Perennials, Inc. Sale

zahzeen
14 years ago

I can't believe I stumbled on this sale today! Several of you have recommended Bluestone Perennials or others on Dave's Gardens watchlist (in contrast to Michigan Bulb Company and the same company under various names). They have 32 plants on sale for half price including 5 varieties of hostas and 9 kinds of bulbs. Based on your previous recommendations, I bought three each of the following large pot plants that were $3.48 per plant:

Astible Bridal Veil

Heuchera Smoky Rose

Heucherella Crimson Clouds

I also bought 2 each of Geranium Biokovo ($4.98 per plant) and Laminum Purple Dragon ($3.48 per large pot plant). I REALLY wanted Helleborus Orientalis (Lenten Rose) but they were still $10.00 each and I couldn't justify spending that much money on one plant when there is a good chance it would not survive my inexperienced care.

Based on all my comparison shopping, shipping charges were reasonable and were based on amount spent instead of number of plants. For most addresses, shipping for orders up to $25.00 are $6.95 and up to $50.00 (me) shipping was $8.95. I don't think that was a bad shipping charge for 13 plants.

Thanks so much again - I feel sort of vindicated for all that time I spent surfing and actually considering using Michigan Bulb Company. I was able to get recommended plants, at a recommended vendor, on sale with low shipping charges!

Comments (3)