SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aztransplant_gw

Frustrated w/neighbors (vent)

aztransplant
18 years ago

I'm frustrated w/my clueless neighbors. Last summer, they put some trees & shrubs in their backyard. Great! I'm doing the same.

When they installed their pool, they had a drip system installed. Also, great idea.

Every time my neighbors water the shrubs along our fence, the water seeps under the fence and waters my shrubs...there's so much water over the course of an hour or 2 that I get water pooling on the side of the house.

That's not really an issue, though, because the drainage is set up on the side of the house such that if there's enough, it flows out to the front and into the street.

It's no wonder that the plants on that side of the house are doing so well!

The 1st time it happened several months ago, I panicked and knocked on their door, thinking that maybe their pool equipment had a leak (their filter & stuff is on the same side of house as their shrubs).

The husband next door said that his wife was the one who set the timer, etc., etc. I've tried explaining what happens more than once. It still continues. So you know what? If they want to waste their money sending that water over to MY yard to water MY plants, then all the more power to them. It's just that much less water that I have to pay for.

She & her husband are clueless about a lot of other things, too:

1. They lost 1 of their dogs because it kept scooting out under their gate to the backyard. Their response: "Oh well, the coyotes probably got him."

2. They've got a big basketball hoop in their driveway by the street. Their kids run into my front yard to retrieve their ball, oblivious to the plants I've nursed along...all of this in front of the dad.

I could go on, but you get the picture. Gee, can't wait until their boys get to high school.

Comments (10)