SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
topie_gw

Fence is up & planting out now!

topie
14 years ago

WS Newbie update: We got our garden fence up over the weekend finally. Boy, was it hot here this past weekend in PA! The weather is a cooler today, but still unusually warm for this time of year.

Now that we have the fence up (fence keeps the groundhogs away) I can start planting out my winter-sown babies! Planted out my purple coneflowers/echs, yellow coneflowers, and Ohio spiderworts this evening before it got dark.

Discovered it is very difficult to extricate the hunk 'o seedlings from the Welch's grape juice containers I used... The ribbing on the side of the bottle seems to keep the hunk from popping out intact. May have lost a few seedlings during the planting out process, but hopefully some will survive.

The seedlings I planted in the milk jugs were way easier to pop out, and the whole hunk stayed together nicely. I plan to use only milk jugs next year.

Just wanted to thank everyone on the WS forum again for all your help and so kindly answering my many questions about winter sowing. It is so exciting to plant out my seedlings!

Comments (3)

Sponsored