SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellenr22

I need sympathy! :(

I went to my plot today and all my 4 o'clocks were gone. I thot somebody hat taken them until I realized that they had froze.

I went to the garden after the first dip which was around 39 degrees and some things had a touch of frost but no big deal. The next night was supposed to dip, but not be as cold, so I wasn't worried at all. Today I went expecting to see my wonderful 4 o'clocks. They were growing so quickly. I had about 20 planted. I have more seeds but honestly I am so bummed, I don't feel like planting.

Even worse, the two salvia - Yvonne's and cochinee, are gone! They were doing so well. The only thing that didn't get zapped were the CA poppies and the sweet pea. The cypress vine got zapped, but I had already planted more of that.

I'm so upset.

I've never lost anything to frost. Not fair!

even worse, I think someone stole a container of 4 o'clocks I was growing for my friend. There is a 1 in a 100 chance that she picked up the container but I don't think so. I'm waiting for her to call me back.

It wouldn't be the first time. I garden at a community garden. Last year I had a flower pot stolen with flowers in it! Can you imagine?

Do you think the seedling might still be alive? I watered them just in case. But I don't think so. I mean they are practically invisible.

It's just that I had finally got the seedlings to the point where I don't have to go there every day to water. Which since I don't garden at my home, is a bit of an issue. I was so glad that they had gotten to the point where I didn't have to go every day. And damn, those 4 o'clock were making me so proud.

ok, well I just had to vent. sorry for all the complaining, but I feel bad.

Thanks for giving me your ear.

ellen

Comments (7)

Sponsored