SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rose0lavender

What climber/rambler should I get?

rose0lavender
11 years ago

I initially thought I wanted Zephirine Drouhin, but on the David Austin website it gave a little blurb about this rose being difficult to control disease. Due to other comments about this rose I was under the impression that it was pretty hardy, disease resistant, and also an excellent continuous bloomer. What do you guys think about the Zephirine Droughin rose?

I was hoping to buy it in bulk because of it's flowers, and I would be placing one in a slightly less sunny part of the yard (and apparently it does fairly well in shaded areas), and then the rest being placed in the sunny areas along the fence.
If this rose isn't as disease resistant as I thought, out of the following climbing roses, which would you say are excellent continuous blooming and hardy roses?

These are the other David Austin roses I am considering:
A Shropshire Lad Climbing
Lady Sylvia Climbing
Parade
New Dawn
Gertrude Jekyll Climbing
Super Fairy

Basically my needs are: lots of flowers, continuous bloom, any shade of pink flower, and basically an overall healthy and hardy plant that grows fairly consistently (not too slow).

Side needs: One climbing rose that does well in less sun, with all the above needs.

I am so sorry for bothering you guys, but I am so new to roses that I don't know where to start.

Comments (37)