SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diggerdee

Pollyanna has left the building!

Okay, PV, you're on your own with the KMOTGG next year!

I just took a stroll through my containers, and have come to the conclusion that there are just some things that will not germinate for me. I've tried several years in a row and it's just not happening.

There are three biggies that I've been trying for at least six years now - yes, six! Maybe even seven! Now you know why I called myself Pollyanna, lol.

Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate. I think I will just throw my seeds out over the garden this fall and be done with them. Of course, if they do germinate next year I will probably pull them as weeds, since never having had a single one germinate I don't know what they look like, lol.

Centranthus Ruber - at least this one I can buy a plant or two. (I've never seen KMOTGG plants at the garden center)

Astrantia - another one I'm giving up on. Again, I'll just buy some.

Those are the big three. And maybe alstromeria - but I've only tried that three years running with no germination, so that may get a few more chances, lol.

There are a few other things that I've had mixed luck with that I may not bother with - although since I have had germination in the past, I may attempt again. A leopard can't change it's spots, lol. Primroses and delphiniums are two that spring to mind off the top of my head.

Actually, my biggest disappointment this year was my chinese asters. They are soooo beautiful, and I've had good luck with them in the past. This year I have 12 containers of them with absolutely no germination. I have only six of them with germination, and two of those have one seedling.

Anybody else given up on anything?

:)

Dee

Comments (18)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor