SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie630

Newbies... Just in case you didn't know...

carrie630
14 years ago

If you saw some of my recent photos - there were a lot of blooming plants but... most of them were reseeds - Ex. Bachelor buttons - larkspurs - nigellas

My wintersown bbuttons are just now opening up; larkspurs and nigellas still green. Also, all of my zinnias are green and big, but of course no blooms until it is really hot - and that may not be until June/July...

The coreopsis you see blooming is also from wintersowing three years ago.. didn't do any this year, but it probably would have bloomed by now since they are early bloomers.

Also, cosmos just bloomed last week. But cleomes, Salvia Corals, Sanvitalia, vincas - all have not bloomed yet.

The rose campions were mounds last year and they bloomed early May this year - taking two years to bloom, as most perennials/bienniels do (except for coreopsis and prob some others - not sure which right off hand). Blue Salvias come back every year - they bloomed, the wintersown Salvia Blues this year - still small...

So, don't be deceived by my photos...reseeds bloom earlier than planted out seedlings - same with my poppies - they were reseeds, green all winter - bloomed early March (and now pulled)...

Carrie (Hope that helps)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets