SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Need A Mannerly Climber

I am putting in a new bed in front of my house. It gets sun most of the day, an excellent place for roses. The bed is curving. Near the corner, I have planted Archduke Charles. Toward the wall and behind the Archduke, I would like a graceful climber that can be attached to a pretty trellis to cascade. I dont want something that will be rampant, have to be pruned constantly. Not picky about color, tho a white or yellow would be my preference. Dont care about fragrance....just want a rose that will look graceful and pretty and be a good bloomer. Not one with thick, stiff canes and vicious thorns that has to be fought with. I have quite a few potted climbers, so have some to choose from, but will purchase if I need to [good excuse to buy another rose!!]. Was wondering about Mme. Alfred Carriere.....but am afraid she would get too large. I have: Eden, Westerland, Jacob's Robe, Night Owl, Breath of Life, Dixieland Linda, Marlowe Soft Orange, Grandmaster [a musk], Royal Sunset, Della Balfour, Candyland, Flutterbye, Graham Thomas, Sally Holmes. I love the flexibility of Crepuscule, no thorns, lovely cascading effect, but it gets too large. Thanks for any suggestions!

Judith

Comments (12)