SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tackymonster

Tree with fungus? - I'm clueless and need your input!

tackymonster
14 years ago

Hi! I am new to posting on the forums though I have gotten many answers to my gardening issues through this fabulous website! I am an amateur gardener who loves getting in the dirt! I don't know near enough about trees (and I have almost 40 on my lot that I have to take care of! I love my yard!)

I have a tree that is about 20' tall now so a well established tree. I don't know what kind of tree it is but maybe y'all can answer that riddle for me as well! Over the last few summers the leaves have been turning a mottled brown and falling off all through the growing seasons. It keeps budding out and growing more leaves but again they get brown spots and fall off. I tried an anti-fungal a couple of times early this summer and thought I may have solved the problem but as before the leaves got the brown spots and fell off.

This tree is perfectly situated to keep the hot West sun off my second-story deck so if I lose it I very well may cry! :) Starting over with a new tree will take a long time to get one to this size!

Any pearls of wisdom that my fellow garden junkies can share?

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo's of my Sick Tree :(

Comments (2)