SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjpeace

Rose color change as temperature changes

One of the things I noticed this past summer is that some of color of my roses seemed "to shine" as the temperature cools down or when sunlight is not as bright.

My Golden Showers is 3 years now and I've never really been wowed by it. However, it is a tough plant and pretty much disease free. However, this year I have seen more blooms than ever and outlasted many roses in my garden into late fall. Another thing I've noticed is that the color is more brighter, light gold in autumn's weather. In the summer it appears very light lemon yellow but much more beautiful in late autumn. I have noticed a few of my pink roses too. They seems more pink in cooler weather.

I am pretty sure this is nothing new in the rose or color world and I don't want to make a fool of myself, claiming as if I had made a important scientific breakthrough (lol) but I thought it is something I will keep in mind while I buy future roses. If we are encouraged to pay attention to wall pain color in different lighting, I don't see why this should not be as well in the gardening world.

I know as a fact that white color will definitely stand out more into evening light.

Comments (13)