SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

82 degrees today

pippi21
13 years ago

I'm doing a happy dance because it was 82 degrees here today. Gosh, it felt so wonderful. I took the old pr. of scissors that I use for cutting my milk jugs for WS and make the air holes larger on most of the jugs, especially the one who have a lot of germination in them. The California Poppies, are really getting tall. I opened their jugs up and left them in the shade and let them get air, then taped the jugs back up. It is supposed to be in 60's all this week so I may go ahead and plant those two jugs out because they are really tall and crowded in their jugs. I also filled the cracked birdbath with potting mix and planted out portulaca seeds. They are so fine, I have no idea if they landed in the right place as you couldn't see them falling. I've read where some people suggest mixing tiny seeds with some sand..but you'd have to buy a big bag. don't think they come in small quanities. I was afraid to try sugar because of ants or bees. I watered the soil and wrapped the birdbath bowl with Glad Press&Seal and used HVAC tape to hold it down. It is supposed to get windy today and tomorrow have some rain showers. I hope I got the tape on in the right places. I punched air holes in the Press and Seal. I can hear the wind out there now. Guess I'll know if I did okay if the P&S is still on the birdbath bowl tomorrow morning when I get up or if it takes a ride in the neighborhood. While I know the night temperatures may not stay in 60's, and could drop to 40's, is that enough to sow some of the seedlings that are more hardy? I could always use the top of the milk jug like a cloch and cover the seedlings if it drops down lower. For the jugs that have HOS, why can't I start transplanting them into smaller containers/nursery pots? Some are getting pretty tall.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH