SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjrosaphile

Paranoid about RRD in my Northwest garden. . .

cjrosaphile
16 years ago

A few months ago I noticed that my Chihuly (from Edmunds, this spring) had put out an aberrant cane: bright red, lots of thorns, etc. I know that it is a rarity for a rose in the Pacific Northwest to have RRD but the rose came from the Mid-west. Because no one (even a local rosarian) in this area knows about RRD, I decided to whack off the cane at the base and wait. Ever since then this rose has had very little growth--abnormally so. I did post a thread about Chihuly's growth pattern: is it slow to repeat and put out foliage?? But, I didn't get much of a response.

Today as I was examining my roses, I saw some odd growth on my Hot Cocoa: bright red, distorted leaves, several coming out of one nodule. Since its leaves are usually bright red when they first break out, this isn't too odd, but several coming out of one nodule and so distorted? I'm paranoid that this could be more RRD. We have had some freezing nights. Could this distortion be because of the freezing temperatures? See photos. Any input that you may have would be much appreciated. CJ

I'm going to go ahead and get rid of the Chihuly, just to ease my mind.

{{gwi:343859}}

{{gwi:343861}}

Comments (5)