SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Unbelievable! I bought roses!

sherryocala
10 years ago

It's unbelievable because I don't even step outside anymore. How and when am I going to plant them? Oh, well...I'm just happy that my pulse still increases at the sight of roses.

I got Raspberry Cream Twirl, Dortmund, and Colette. They're all climbers. I got them from Brushwood Nursery, my source for clematis. They weren't even on sale either! I bought Colette once before, but it died. Then it was out of stock for a long time, so I wanted to get it while they have it. We had the tree by the driveway taken out so I have lots of sun on that side of the house now, creating all sorts of possibilities. I was thinking of putting a wire fence there for one of the pinks. Dortmund is said to be shade tolerant, so I'm going to take out Francois Juranville and put it there, hopefully giving Mary Rose more sun. FJ only blooms slightly and only once just when the thrips are attacking so... The other pink will go on a wire fence on the other side of the house. I'm excited about Colette and Raspberry Twirl because they're Meilland roses, have lots of petals, and are supposed to be disease resistant.

Maybe the need to water the little babies will get me out into the garden. Hmm. First I have to pot them. I wonder if I remember how.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation..

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!