SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Which Rose(s) are you Coveting?

Are there any roses that you're drawn to, but a lack of gardening space, different priorities, the roses in your garden are presenting enough of a challenge, or some other concern has stopped you from making the purchase?

I am presently coveting:

La France, it is verypretty, I like the history associated with it but, have no space to grow it

Mme. Dore is beautiful and on the smaller side, but by the time it becomes available I very likely will have filled the space with something else

Duchesse d Auerstadt, I was drawn to the color and form from the moment I saw it, but the color only works in my back garden that is a mix of moderns, shrub roses, and Austin's. I feared how well it would blend and purchased Graham Thomas. In addition to soft and subtle colors, I do like the rich and passionate deep reds, apricots, pinks, gold etc., that are found in my back garden, but tend to shy away from any neon color that shouts "hello I am here", even in my peripheral vision. If this is GT, DdA could be in my garden's near future.

Munstead Wood, I have removed it from orders twice. The Mme. Isaac Perierre that is new to my garden continues to show signs that it wants to remain. I have not seen this rose in person, so I do not know what it will do when summer arrives and it receives heat all day and sun from 10-4???? I have thought of growing a MW in a pot to take MIP' place when it leaves.

Pierre De St. Cyr...I am just drawn to it, have no space for it, but it remains on my list.

Which roses are you coveting and why?

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 12:37

Comments (23)