SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgrow_gardens

Q? for all you experienced folk out there about Cosmos?

bgrow_gardens
17 years ago

I absolutely love this flower it changes color!! When I first got seed's, then bloom's. I thought they'd all be a dark violet/burgundy in color and then they transgressed into different spectacular shades!! I'm tickled pink with the progression of bloom's!! This one is a definite keeper in my book! A newbie looking for advice.. They have not seeded yet however, they will be perhap's soon? ?..What do you look for?? How do you tell?? When is the best optimum time to collect seeds?? When do you know the seed's are ripe?? Mind you I've never flower gardened specifically before...If it was'nt edible it was not grown according to Grandpa's standards. Foolish flower's were not worthy of extra yard space.. Though I could container garden freely but, I was just a wee one and the easiest things were groen such as begonia's, pregnant onions, african violet's & cacti, succulent's etc..As long as it did not go in the ground..I know times were tight back then and I sincerely appreciate all that he did it was fabulous the vast # of things I learned. There was still a lot of space not planted though so my Grandma had a few plant's here & there too. For me this will be an absolute whole new experience for me though so please bear with me!! So I beg your mercy of +Dah+ questions cause ya sure will get a lot of them from me.. See what y'all started!!.. I don't want to lose the flowers that are up & producing and afraid I'll miss something important...!! Thanks, so much for sharing with me. I was a die hard vegetable gardener, at heart & you've all opened up a new world to me..My Grandparent's were the WWII generation and if ya couldn't eat it why bother with it??!! In a lifetime I never would have guessed that I could have flower garden like this withought WS ... I'm estatic!! I know now why you all out there grow 100's of flower's it is so very,very addicting!! I can still have my oodles o' tomatoe's & have a flower garden to boot..What a new concept for me!! I can't say no to just one more...it is most impressive.. I flooded my friend at work with extra plant's it even amazes her to boot. I'm sold I just wish I'd found this method so long ago!! My grandmother would have given her eyed teeth for a method like this one. She is long & gone. Now I only wish I could've found it sooner. However, life goes on & you'll be sure I'll pass it round to everyone I meet. Including my daughter who'm now think's everything comes from the store..!

Thanks everyone for the seed's & your thoughtful advice!! I normally wold research this a bit myself but they have me working straight through again all week long +sigh+

anyhow ~ life marches on...

'Happy Gardening'

Barb

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting