SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjrosaphile

I've already started my rose list for next year. . .

cjrosaphile
16 years ago

Oh, my. I can't stop myself. The season is ending and I've already started a list of roses I want for next season. Better call the local nurseries soon and reserve these. Opinions anyone???. . .

Secret - Saw this at Heirloom. What a beauty and so fragrant. Gotta have it.

Eureka - Covered in blooms at a local rose garden. I had purchased Julia Child this year. Seeing this made me wonder if I had made the right decision.

Pope John Paul II - I had seen Maria Shriver and started to do research about it, when I found comparisons on Garden Web threads and determined that the majority favor this rose over Maria Shriver.

Velvet Fragrance - Saw this at Heirloom, where it was planted in several locations and doing well in their no spray garden. Beautiful blooms, fragrant. I have Veterans Honor, which I love but it has disease issues (bs and rust this year).

Charlie's Rose also known as Acapella - another rose I saw at Heirloom. Beautiful red with white reverse on outer petals. Have never seen this anywhere so will have to do some research.

Climbing Polka at Heirloom was spectacular. As was the Clement's rose The Impressionist! Me love it. I need a larger garden.

Of the Austins, I'm considering Tradescant because of its deep color. This was my first year for Austins and the verdict is still out. Tamora is my favorite, but it developed rust. I also have Sophy's Rose, Sharifa Asma, and Mary's Rose.

Anyone else? I'd love to hear what you are considering and any input about these beauties. Thanks, CJ

Comments (5)