SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

gardening does get a mention

User
13 years ago

slap my wrists, i am having a bad nosiness attack this evening. Just wondering (again) does anyone listen to music or radios or talking books when you are gardening. I guess at one time, I might have been a bit sniffy and mumbled stuff about listening to the birds and the bees. The truth is, I garden on what amounts to a traffic island and my children introduced me to MP3 players and I was hooked. I guess I grew up in a generation which often defined itself by tastes in music (you know, our little tribes (old hippy) and whilst I have never bothered with TV, there has always been various soundtracks through my life and now, it is so brilliant - I make little mix tapes or select particular music for particular garden jobs - meditative, for weeding, something with attitude for digging. It also disguises my mad barking collie....every single passerbye - an insane barking hello. My neighbour, two plots along, listens to cricket and football and provides a commentary: his wife, who mainly does the planting, turns off her hearing aid.

Comments (17)