SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

About that special propagation from Vintage

15 years ago

A year ago I received a special propagation gift certificate from Kate, Vic's gardenkeeper. With the aid of my friends here I selected a tea that turned out to be very difficult if not impossible to propagate. Upon talking with Gregg I said I'd be happy with Mme. Dore, an elegant Bourbon that I'd admired for many Spring Dirt Days. I finally understood that it was on the availability list and all I had to do was add to it! I can add...So here is my new special propagation times four and I couldn't be happier.

Mme. Dore-perfect pale pink blooms.

Monsieur Cordeau another bourbon"bright carmine scarlet overlaid with maroon and violet-very fragrant and long blooming with handsome dark foliage" my kinda of guy

Gloire de Chardane Guinoisseau--massive claret-purple flowers with a silken central button eye.

and Monsieur le capitainLouis Frere--globular, crimson, very fragrant and full of petals(one of Gregg's favorite roses.)

The alternates is Susan Louise. I am just a little bit thrilled at the possibility of more Bourbons and Hybrid Perpetuals--it is always touch and go in a no-spray organic garden but some like Anna Scharsach have done brilliantly, enough to give it another try. Thanks to Joe and Kate who are such an inspiration(I dislike the term enabler and it's implications.)This is going to be great fun.

la

Comments (3)