SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Looking for climbing 'Mrs.B.R. Cant'

luxrosa
13 years ago

A while ago someone posted here a photo of her

" Mrs. B.R. Cant" that had canes which were climbing several feet above the main part of the bush. I'd like to know if she would consider sending me some hardwood cuttings from the climbing canes this winter, (after I mailed her money for postage.) I would be grateful beyond speech if she could do this.

Aside from desiring to grow this climbing pink Tea for myself, my other objective is to root cuttings and grow a plant or two to give to a local public rose garden that I volunteer at, that has an Old Rose section, In this way I'd hope that more people could enjoy seeing the climbing form of "Mrs. B.R. Cant".

my hope is that this beautiful pink Tea rose in its climbing form may eventually be introduced to commerce. In any given year large flowered remontant pink O.G.R. climbers are not abundant in commerce, though there are a few available in every season.

Most of the roses in my garden are Tea roses and I love them for their rapid re-bloom through a very long bloom season that lasts most of the year, and their evergreen foliage.

An American of the name of Hjort, introduced the climbing form of "Mrs. B.R. Cant" in 1960, and I wonder where oh where has that lovely cl. rose gone to?

Luxrosa

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022