SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariaesills

2 Hybrid Tea 'Perfect Moment' HELP

mariaesills
16 years ago

My husband bought this house 10 years ago. Before that, the previous owner had a garden and tended to it very well for about 5 years. I saw pictures from when he bought the house and the roses were fantastic and least 5 or 6 stems per bush and there used to be 3! What happened to the third?? Anyway, I got the bug in me last year to tend to it, because he has not in the past 10 years that he has been here and I came on the scene 5 years ago, but I was too busy to noticed it's decline.

I had to do a hard prune to the rose bush in the early summer because it was not blooming and the book I had told me to do a hard prune so I did. I made the right cuts did all the right stuff, fertilized and mulched. Within 2 weeks those things were going strong blooms were coming out of everywhere new stems were growing and I made sure they were not suckers. I noticed though by the end of summer that these roses were developing black spot. According to the information on Hybrid Tea "Perfect Moment" it's leaves supposed to be disease resistant. I'm confused. Before winter I put a cone around the bushes and filled it with mulch to protect them (because I just brought them back). That spring I pruned them and did everything I was supposed to do, but come summer it not only had black spot really bad but it also had scales!!!! One of the stems just fell off!! They can't just fall off! Can they??!! Somebody help me here. I have never gardened before and I can read all the books I want but these roses are dying. I have a photo of what they looked like before, my husband just fertilized the lawn so I can't walk on it. I will take a picture of what they look like now within a couple of days. Any advice PLEASE!!! I'm in Newbie Gardener Hybrid Tea HELL right now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Newbie Gardener Hybrid Tea HELL

Comments (11)