SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696490

Back from the dark side....literally

User
15 years ago

So on Sunday, September 14th we woke up and it was pretty windy. The forecast in the paper called for "Breezy." This was on the heels of the decimation in TX and Gulf Coast. As the day progressed, it became apparent that this was not an ordinary breezy day. Winds became extreme, in fact despite being from the Northeast, I'm not sure I have ever seen such extreme winds.

At about 1:00 PM, we lost power. Monday morning they reported 100,000 people without power, but it continued to climb to over 300,000. The fact that it was not predicted was a bit suspicious as the Ryder Cup (Golf and a Big Deal $$$) was beginning the next day. We were without power for NINE days.

Yes, I am thankful that we didn't have the devastation of Texas. But have you ever tried to entertain and care for kids with NINE days of power outage? Needless to say, there was no school. Entire trees were completely uprooted. Only a few broken rose canes, thank you for asking. :-)

We did not get our phone and computer back for SEVENTEEN days. What have I missed?

Hope everyone else fared okay.

Comments (9)