SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696490

An oh, duh moment

User
15 years ago

I bought this tiny little mini tree rose at Whole Foods this spring. It was very unhealthy looking early with roseslug all over etc and I almost ditched it. But something told me to keep it and it returned the favor with weeks of cute little blooms. Not a million blooms, but enough.

It stopped growing at all about the first of August. I thought it was taking a rest but no new growth came whatsoever. I waited about four weeks thinking what is the deal? Then I went oh, duh and unpotted it. The thing had roots wrapped around and around the pot. It was planted in a tiny little pot. So I upgraded it to a 1 gallon pot and put it in the shade for now.

Next is my Lilian Austin. I had it growing in a 3 gallon nursery pot, which it came in. Same deal....stoppped growing about August 1st, at all. So today I unpotted it. Yes, there were roots on the bottom but it didn't look terrible root bound like the other one....do you think that is why it stopped growing? I put it in a new pot, but only about an inch larger on each side. I guess that will hold over the winter?

Comments (4)