SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Starry white roses, Musk, Noisettes and such

luxrosa
11 years ago

tell me of your loves...

Big blooms seem to get most of the attention, but I love

sprays of dainty white roses, add fragrance to them and I'm a happy campfire.

Welll... not really but camper seems to be expected.

I planted a couple 'Nasterana' to flank the entry of my fragrance garden, where R. moschata is waiting to be transplanted once I clear out a cammelia the color of Pepto Abysmol.

I am curious about;

- Pembertons 'Moonlight', is it as lovely as 'Pax'? which gets a few more votes from helpmefind.com...

-and the small white Austin roses as well, how do they fare next to an evergreen Noisette for beauty of foliage, and scent and growth habit? Mountain snow, rushing stream, snow goose...

I miss my 'Secret Garden Climbing Musk' it had to go because I moved closer to the coastline where powdery mildew lurks in the clouds and mist, I swear.

If I owned acreage I would have a white rose garden, with borders of Rosa moschata, arching to the ground with Nastarana in between, for they are ever- blooming. 'Queen of the Musks' would run rampant here and there, her cherry colored buds matching those of 'Caroline Marniesse'.

Perhaps

a white sport of Catos Cluster'that I've been nurturing might thrive there, amid all the white wild roses in the world R.arvensis with its pretty little leaves and darling white flowers... white wild roses and their close hybrids, Alba Odorata, rarely fragrant to me but when it is it is sublime, and Alba Semi-Plena of all the white roses in the world, this must be my favorite one... that child of 3 wild roses including R. fed. where in the world did its parents meet up I wonder...in a menage je trois rosa.

I love the dark green leaves of white Lady Banks almost as much as her elegant smallish blossoms, she could ramble with the Ramblers and speaking of those...

The effusive scent of The Garland lingers in my memory, almost pink, I recall its squared off edges of the petals, I only have room for Little White Pet' as a rambler clone.

have I forgotten a small white rose?

Luxrosa.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz