SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gnabonnand

Why do I forget?

gnabonnand
15 years ago

Now that our evening temperatures have gotten cooler, our days less hot, and we have more rain, some of the roses begin morphing into true jewels. Why is it that I forgot which ones were the real performers during this time of year?

The little floribunda, 'Valentine', is literally covered with perfectly shaped, true red blooms. I've grown this rose for nearly 10 years, so I know this happens each fall. But I always forget just how beautiful it is.

Another autumn occurance that I enjoyed this morning. My shrub rose, 'Basye's Blueberry', has the most cheerful, happy-looking blooms possible, with large bright yellow stamens, and is scenting that whole area of the patio. Along side its blooms are plump hips that will ripen over the upcoming weeks. Before I acquired this specimen, I grew this rose before, so I knew this happens every fall. But I forgot how much I enjoyed seeing it and especially smelling it.

And lastly, the blooms on 'Heritage' this morning are worthy of their name. Another of my roses that captures my imagination during this time of year.

There is nothing like the autumn.

Randy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022