SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

I'm Becoming Garden-Obsessed

I think it's because, after a horribly hot and dry summer which for me was filled with fear and distress of what the future might hold, it's now finally cooler and there have been foggy and dewy mornings, and the roses suddenly look so much better. Even without rain, although with a lot of attention from me, most of them have new growth and I'm seeing buds and blooms after what seems like a very long time.

It's really strange that cooler temperatures, and feeling much more comfortable because of them, can cause one to feel hope again, in spite of the niggling voice in the background that still believes we're all going to hell in a hand basket. All I want to think about is making the garden look beautiful as quickly as possible, with lots of bloom and fragrance, and the enchantment and happiness that I was afraid I might not feel again.

I'm drip-watering the rosemary, crape myrtles, butterfly bushes and other shrubs to bring them back to health until the rains come. I feel very good about the roses I have left. They may have looked awful but they did survive the summer, although I culled some that looked the least promising in order to conserve water. I can't wait to see the garden in bloom again. There's a feeling of well-being associated with that which nothing else can equal. I'm going to enjoy each and every moment for as long as it lasts.

Ingrid

Comments (13)