SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicissitudez

Rose with zig-zag habit and leaves with 11 leaflets?

Vicissitudezz
9 years ago

Most of the roses I "rescued" this summer turned out to be modern-looking roses, but then there are two roses that look like they're of the same variety, and they look nothing like the other roses.

They haven't bloomed yet, so possibly they're once-bloomers, or at least like to take summers off. They are pretty shade-tolerant, vigorous and just generally tough. One of the roses needed a 3-g pot when I first potted these roses up since its roots were pretty impressive. I need to check on the other one to see if it needs a larger pot yet...

I did a bit of googling to see what roses might usually have 11 leaflets per leaf, and it seems that some Hybrid Spinosissima roses do. I'm not sure what other suspects I should rule in or out?

Here are some foliage photos, just to see if you recognize the general habit of these plants. I do expect them to bloom eventually, but it might be spring before that happens, and I thought it might be fun to see what we can tell about a plant without knowing what the flower looks like...

{{gwi:313586}}

{{gwi:313587}}

{{gwi:313588}}

{{gwi:313589}}

{{gwi:313590}}

I'd love to get your opinions, if you have any.

Thanks,
Virginia

Comments (4)