SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Hop balls?

catherinet
16 years ago

Hi all,

I haven't been here in a really long time. I have fibromyalgia and gardening is becoming increasingly difficult. There's something about stretching my leg muscles that causes alot of constant aching.

I have recently started using one of those exercise balls to sit on and do various exercises. One day, I needed to clean out a cabinet that was pretty low, and it just hurt too much to use a chair to sit in while cleaning it out. I decided to get my exercise ball and sit on it. It worked out really well! It helped so much, just to sort of sit on the side of it, and roll back and forth, while reaching into the cabinet and pulling things out.

Then I got the idea......I wonder if I could use this outside? I could use it to weed the flower beds, and even to plant some things in the garden. But it would need to be made out of a tougher material...........Then I remembered those "hop balls" that children play with. They have a handle on them too. They are made to take alot of abuse.

I'm going to buy one and try it out outside. It would be a gentle way of sitting and reaching for things. Plus, it has a handle, so you could easily carry it from place to place in the yard.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm excited at the possibility of finding something that is easier on my muscles and joints!

Comments (6)