SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sigafoos_gw

what do you think about healing gardens?

sigafoos
20 years ago

Hello everyone...

Recently, I've been researching healing gardens; what they are, what it's purpose is, who visits them...that kind of thing.

I've found a lot of newspaper articles talking about the benefits of them, how a particular garden helped a cancer patient or someone that was sick or disabled feel better or recuperate faster; or even instances where the garden offered various means of therapy or was used as a place for meditation or reflection. I also found that many hospitals are starting to build healing gardens on their property, as places for patients and family/friends to spend time or to be used as a place for gathering thoughts. There are also churces, sanctuaries, or even environmental organizations who are adding a healing garden to their property, as a consideration to their constituents.

I am curious to know what everyone here might think about these gardens, particularly people who these gardens might have been built for...those of you who are going throug a therapy program, or are disabled or sick. Have you even been to a healing garden? Do you find they help, or are they not as helpful as they were meant to be?

If you have been to one before, what did you like or dislike about it? Would you give any advice to a builder of a healing garden?

I searched a bit about this subject but didn't really find anything that fit what I was looking for.

Many thanks in advance for any responses I get! Please feel free to contact me personally if you want to say something but not have it public.

Comments (14)