SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysideuphill

'If I were a rose...' - need help w/presentation

sunnysideuphill
13 years ago

Last spring I offered a worship service with this title at my church, Walpole (NH) Unitarian. This coming Sunday I am bringing it to the Brattleboro Vt All Souls Congregation. This time I am building in a children's section. Since a key theme in the service is the way a rose is a rose, even before and after bloom, I am bringing an assortment of blooms (Polareis, Darlow's Enigma, Siren's Keep, Friends Forever, maybe Rose de Rescht, are all possibilities now), hips (Alba SemiPlena), thorny stem (Sarah Van Fleet), spent bloom (probably Linda Campbell), various foliage samples - a rugosa, a gallica - and a root shoot ( one of the gallicas, of course).

How should I set those up for show and tell for the kids? Lots of jam jars? Just spread out on a white poster board? taped to foamcore? I don't know the age range of the kids, or how many there will be. My gut tells me that the kids should be able to handle them, so the taping might not help with that. In my preretirement life, I taught high school, but these are the Short Ones, who scare me, so - if there's anyone out there with K-6 experience - Help!

Oh - btw - my answer to the question is Cardinal de Richelieu.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm